HeartCode® ACLS Part 1
- HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 is a Web-based, self-paced instructional program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning. After completing the cognitive portion of the course, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor or on a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system. Upon successful completion of the cognitive and skills tests, students receive a course completion card.
- This program presents 10 interactive hospital-based cases to teach ACLS knowledge, building on the foundation of lifesaving BLS for Healthcare Providers skills and the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR.
Who takes Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support ACLS:
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Ten adult patient cases with up to four healthcare providers, presented through eSimulation technology:
– One BLS case.
– Seven cases representing cardiovascular, respiratory and stroke emergencies.
– Two Megacodes.
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest.
- Recognition and early management of periarrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia.
- Airway management.
- Related pharmacology.
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke.
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units
To receive this American Heart Association certificate you must:
- • Be present for the entire course.
- • Successfully complete all required skills.
- • Course Certification: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Valid for 2 years.
- • We do SAME DAY CERTIFICATION. GSPGuard will issue the certs, upon succesfully compliting the course
- • Dress comfortably; CPR skills are practiced on the floor in a kneeling position.
- • It's the students responaibility to know which ccourse they need to take. GSPGuard might recomend a class but always recheck with Emplpoyer or DOH.
- • Please note that CPR requires the use of a CPR-mask you could bring your own mask or you have the option to purchase one from us at an additional cost of $15.00