Heartsaver: First Aid
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Optional written test
Who takes Heartsaver First Aid:
- Heartsaver First Aid is a class-room, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies.
- This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
To receive this American Heart Association certificate you must:
- Be present for the entire course.
- Successfully complete all required skills.
- Course Certification: Heartsaver First Aid for 2 years.
- We do SAME DAY CERTIFICATION. GSPGuard will issue the certs, upon succesfully compliting the course
- Dress comfortably; CPR skills are practiced on the floor in a kneeling position.
- It's the students responaibility to know which ccourse they need to take. GSPGuard might recomend a class but always recheck with Emplpoyer or DOH.
- Please note that CPR requires the use of a CPR-mask you could bring your own mask or you have the option to purchase one from us at an additional cost of $15.00