Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support ACLS
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
Who takes Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support ACLS:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units
To receive this American Heart Association certificate you must:
- Be present for the entire course.
- Successfully complete all required skills.
- Course Certification: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Valid for 2 years.
- We do SAME DAY CERTIFICATION. GSPGuard will issue the certs, upon succesfully compliting the course
- Dress comfortably; CPR skills are practiced on the floor in a kneeling position.
- It’s the students responaibility to know which ccourse they need to take. GSPGuard might recomend a class but always recheck with Emplpoyer or DOH.
- Please note that CPR requires the use of a CPR-mask you could bring your own mask or you have the option to purchase one from us at an additional cost of $15.00